What the heck is this moth?
I thought this was bird poop until I noticed it kept moving across the glass every time I went by. The only way I could tell it WASN’T bird poop, was when I noticed it had fuzzy feet from the inside of the glass. It was unbelievable. I’ve never seen a moth like that around here.
Kara Hamilton

You had us stumped Kara,
We checked our obsolete Holland Moth Book and found something that resembled your moth, but we were unsure as it was a mounted specimen that showed yellow underwings. The moth is Euthisanotia unio and is a member of the family Noctuidae. Then we did a google search with that name, and somehow found a link claiming the name was changed to Eudryas unio that sent us to Lynn Scott’s Lepidoptera Images that had a photo which also showed the underwings, but it showed the furry front legs as well. A closely related species, is E. grata. Nowhere is anything written about the moth resembling a bird’s dropping, which your photo makes very obvious. Continued searching led us to this page with a nice photo. The common name for E. unio is the Pearly Wood Nymph. The common name for E. grata is the Beautiful Wood Nymph.