Well way cool. 🙂 I’ve been to the site you mention, an excellent resource. I note you had a request for a better picture of swallowtail caterpillars. I’ll attach one of my better ones, taken recently. These two are feeding on volunteer fennel in our garden. I’m not positive, but these are likely Black Swallowtail caterpillars. THanks again for the IDs. Wonderful site. Bookmarked. I’ll be back often. I’ll send a separate note with a photo of a click beetle for your collection.
Jim

I’m glad we could be helpful Jim. I don’t know if you have Anise Swallowtails, Papilio zelicaon, in your area. The caterpillars of Black Swallowtails and Anise Swallowtails look very similar. Thanks for the photo. It is pretty great.

2 Responses to Two Black Swallowtail Caterpillars

1. J says:

We had lots of Black Swallowtail caterpillars last year on fennel, but none this year at all. Am i off on their timing? What months should we be seeing the caterpillars and subsequent chrysalis in Southern Georgia?