Pretty Pretty
Hi! Great site! I live in Kona, Hawaii and I love moths. We have gorgeous black witches everywhere. But the other day, we came home and found a moth on our driveway!!! I have never seen it before and I have checked through my moth books and can’t seem to find it. Can you tell me what it is and if it is native to Hawaii? I have been here 13 years and NEVER seen one! Thanks!
Tracee

I just emailed you, I forgot to tell you it’s stats! It was about the size of my palm (which I have a photo fo too I think, I will attach it). It was a very vibrant green with whites, rose, and purple. It was very fuzzy and it let me pick it up on it’s leaf. It had eye’s at the top of the wings (you can see them kinda in the other photo I sent).

Hi Tracee,
You have sent in a photograph of Deilephila [Daphnis] nerii, the Oleander Hawk Moth. It feeds on oleander as well as periwinkle. Here is a site that identifies Hawaiian Hawk Moths. The Oleander Sphinx is also reported in Great Britain, where it strays occasionally from the Mediterranean. It is also reported in Hong Kong and Africa.