Would love to know what spider this is and if it should be relocated?
Thank you,
Jennifer Stevens

Hi Jennifer,
We are craving more information, like exact size and location. Our guess is that you have photographed a beautiful Northern Dolomedes, Dolomedes scriptus, or possibly the Dark Dolomedes, Dolomedes tenebrosus, in late afternoon sunlight. These spiders are related to Wolf Spiders and are sometimes called Diving Spiders. They are quite large. This is one of the larger species and is common in the North. Please do not kill your beautiful spider, and rather relocate it.

Good Morning Daniel,
I live in Soutern New Jersey and please do not worry I would only relocate her were she dangerous. Seeing as how she has been totally non-aggressive to me while taking her photos I am happy to let her raise her babies in my yard. I will be wearing shoes in the yard from now on LOL She is about 3 inches in diameter She was back on the dryer spout last night if she is there again tonight I will try to get afew more shots of her. I was also told my another bug guy that he thought it was a “fishing spider” thanx,
jennifer

Hi again Jennifer,
I’m so happy to hear you will be cohabitating. Dolomedes are also called fishing spiders or diving spiders. The large ones can dive below the surface of a pond and capture a small fish. They are very maternal, with the mother spider caring for her spiderlings, allowing them to crawl on her back for several days after emerging from the eggsac she also carries.