Reposted February 4, 2010
She has Debris
(04/09/2004) what are these bugs
i have been fighting. some sort of bug infestation since late october 2003…it’s got to the point where people believe i am suffering from delusionial paratosis.  after  6 months of this crap I went around my house with stickers collectiong samples.  i’ve undergone a psych evaluation .. results 100% sane/  my landlord won’t do anything nor will he fix stuff,  i believe that there is a pigeon mite infestation from the attic and some sort of carpet beetle/ silverfish infestation.. let me know what you find in the scanned immages.. these were actual beetles /frass/mites  placed on scanner plate
thanks

Jenny and Amanda's Floor

Editor’s Note: Though we gave this homemaker kind advice about the inevitability of critters getting into the house, we are nonetheless amazed at the thoroughness of her housework. While we feel some of her time might be better spent in more rewarding pursuits, we somehow shutter at what she would find should she ever bring her stickers to our offices. Sadly, we were unable to identify any of her “bugs” and might actually concur with the delusional parasitosis diagnosis.

Bathroom: Large Bug Turned Over

re: problem resolved after months of dealing with this problem, see link below -No OCD, no delusional paritosis -infestations include the following (sowbugs, silverfish, house centipedes- in all rooms of home) pigeon mites from pigeon roost in attic (landlord blocked entrance 3 yrs ago, leaving nests etc there) and mice. (tenant lawyer want me to sue)
classicrockermom

Kitchen Cabinets Bottom

Dear Rocker Mom,
We are happy you have solved your mystery. Pill Bugs should not infest the home, though they might enter upon occasion. Centipedes, while they are frightening, are harmless and will also help to devour any other intruders, like cockroaches, crickets and spiders. Silverfish can be a nasty infestation issue, especially since they love to eat the glue in book bindings and behind wall paper. Your biggest problem would be the mites, though they are much too small to see. They will cause itching and are very difficult to eradicate. Certain mice will carry the Hanta Virus. Good luck with your law suit.

Ed. Note:  February 3, 2010
This letter got lost when we migrated our website in 2008, and we had to locate the original letter and images on our old computer because it is such a wonderful letter.  We never actually identified the crushed insect parts in these scanned images, but a skilled entomologist might be able to identify some of these particles.

4 Responses to She Has Debris: A lost letter recovered

1. […] You are correct that these are Carpet Beetle Larva.  We wanted to direct your attention to another letter from our archives, and we couldn’t locate it, so we are transferring the information from our old computer to […]

2. JACQUELYN says:

IM NOT DELUSIONAL EITHER– THESE ARE THE EXACT SAME VARIETY PACK OF DISGUSTING INFESTATION IN OUR RENTAL I CANT GET RID OF NOT EVEN AFTER TENTING… I’LL LOOK AT YOUR POST AGAIN AND SEE IF YOU DID POST ANY CURES… IM A CHEF AND THIS DISGUSTING CRAP IS INTOLERABLE FOR ME ITS ABOUT PUTTING ME IN THE ASYLUM, NOT TO MENTION I DO HAVE, YES, DOOOOO HAAAAAVE THESE PARASITE THINGS ON TOP OF IT SO IM EXTRA FREAKING OUT AND NOT DELUSIONAL BY ANY MEANS, AND I CAN’T GET RID OF THEM!!! EITHER OF THEM!! DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE BOTH IN SKIN AND THE VARIETY PACK THAT IS ON FLOORS AND ALL OVER KITCHEN I CANT GET RID OF???? PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE HAS CURES

• shannon says:

Are you still having the same bugs?Or all gone? I used Vita Strengths Parasite Cleanse and Detox 2 bottles i felt great but started come back so onword i go but please keep trying those blends of herbs to rid them.

3. Cee says:

I have been battling the same as you guyz for 9 years
    Still looking for cure or some kind of repreive Its even in my eyes and sinuses. I have open sores that took months to heal they leave ugly deep scars etc.. I no longer know what is like to have a pain free day. MORGELLIONS ( Google it ) Prayers for all those who may have this or any other health issues. You are not Dilussional
    Looking for hope