Hey Bugman!
My husband found a giant brown bug on our screen door. He was so impressed with it , that he brought it inside to show me and our daughter. It was 2 1/2-3 inches long. It was brown and looked like a large leaf-on it’s back and belly. It had 6 legs. The front legs almost looked like pinchers. We live in the bottom of the pan handle in Idaho. I’m from Kentucky and used to seeing big bugs-but this one blows my mind. Haven’t been able to find it on the internet-you’re my last chance. Help! Need to Know In Idaho

Dear Need to Know in Idaho,
That should be your state motto. I’m guessing a Giant Water Bug, also known as a Toe Biter or Electric Light Bug. We will soon be featuring it in a special Bug Biography section due to be posted in the next few days.

One Response to "BIG BUG"

1. Robin says:

My husband and I have both found a very large six legged jumping bug that was brown mottled. It had very long (about 4-5 inches) antennae and three needle like things protruding from the back of it- not its back but behind it. It also jumps. I have no clue what it is. We have two small children in the house and I want to make sure this isn’t a problem.