I recently went out onto our concrete porch early this morning to find dozens and dozens of bugs that look sort of like ants but they have wings. Also, two or three of them seem to attach to each other to make a little "train." I sprayed a bunch of them with Orange Cleaner and it seemed to kill some of them. We had a new bag of cat litter sitting on the porch that we haven’t brought inside yet, and it seems that the bag is infested with these bugs now. I live in North Carolina, please help me!!!

Dear Infested,
You probably have an ant swarm, which is the winged nuptial flight of the future kings and queens. Not all ants in a nest are reproductive.Most are infertile female workers and soldiers. The new kings and queens take flight, often after a rain, and mate in the air which explains the "train" you witnessed. Then they return to earth, dig a hole (your cat litter was a soft spot that appealed to them) and the new pair set up housekeeping, forming a new colony.