Subject: HELP! ATTACK OF THE SEEDS
Location: NYC
hello bug man!
I have been noticing odd seed like things in my bed for months now and debris that goes along with it. I have not included pictures of the debris but if it turns up I will. I have been also noticing hard clear tiny objects that almost look like a sugar candy, very hard to describe and no picture either, yet. Please look at the pictures of the seed like objects. I have no animals and I’m baffled and freaked out by these things. I would love to hear its sesame seeds but I do not believe it is because every once and a while there is a very flattened UN-natural version of it. I do not believe it is bed bugs because I would of seen evidence or bites or stains etc or exoskeletons.. the debris i have been finding are little almost flecks and dots of black brown and white. Like sugar crystals in a way.
Thanks if you have any idea –
Signature: MARIO

NOT Sesame Seeds, but Tapeworm Eggs

Hi Mario,
In our opinion, these are Sesame Seeds, though the largest object in the foreground might be something else.  These are not of insect origin.  Stop eating baked goods or crackers in bed.

Location: New York

20 Responses to More Sesame Seeds found in Bed: Tape Worm Eggs

1. elle says:

i have been finding a few of these in my bathroom as well. I do not have sesame seeds even in my house. I have some sort of tiny bug infestation and a history of termites (the treatment of the first is still being neglected by the ‘handyman,’ the second has been treated, but there is still evidence of termites in said bathroom). I have collected a few of these to show to the bug person if one ever shows up. Then I thought if people can self diagnose things like brain tumors and tapeworms why not sesame seed looking bugs.
    So here we go- I am totally grain free, live alone (in central-ish California)- no animals either (well except for my bug and insect friends). These show up mostly near the door crevice -there is a crack here and peeling paint- also along the wall. A few times on the moist and peeling window sill (again along the crevices) and only once or twice have I found them in the middle of the floor. I don’t remember them ever being found in the bathtub or on the shelves, but then it is the bathroom and there were other things on my mind.
    I hope you can help, if you can’t maybe you can direct me to someone who can?
    Who knows maybe it is all a hallucination- too much bug spray and no bread and cake for proper emotional eating!?
    Here’s hopin’………
    Elle in California

2. Debra says:

I got news for you these are bugs. Mario needs to check his hairline at the base of his neck. Look for anything that looks like sore or scab. Are you starting to loose hair Mario? My guess is yes. They roll up your skin so slowly you may not notice it for months. Please don’t let it just go, go to a dermetalogist right away. Have a biopsy taken. It will come back as fungus at first, but ask them to do a more intense look at the sample of skin they take. This bug whatever origin also makes your fame of mind have mood sings. Please don’t let it go.

No Comment.

• ab says:

Could you tell me what bug do you suggest that is?

• Hmm says:

Debra… any ideas what this is? I’m going for my second dermo app soon because the first one thought I was delusional. This is exactly what happens… sores at the back of the neck moving up and hair loss. These yellow things are all over and look very similar to the pic but not exact – I am going to insist on a scrape and biopsy but worried it gets brushed off again as nothing. What should I tell them to look for?

• christi clifton says:

Your not alone!!!! I will sweep and vacuum. .. after walking around i see them again….i also have black ones that almost look like “china berry seeds” with white dots….idk what to do…. that’s why I’m here…. among other issues….

3. Randy Isenberg says:

i have recently been finding a seed in my bed as well. they look like flax seeds. The first time i found it, i wasn’t aware if it was something i ate. since then i have not eaten in the room and they keep popping up. Am I shedding seed, or is it a sign from spirit? very strange phenomena happening. i do keep my window open, but it has a screen on it, so i don’t know what is going on.

4. Lisa says:

A few weeks ago i found little things that look like seeds in my bed also that look just like the picture that is posted on here. I do not eat in my bed, but i do have a small dog who sleeps with me at night. But these things have popped up recently like 2 weeks ago or so. I am very concerned on what they are, if they are bugs what kind of bugs and how do you get rid of them? Can they harm? I really didnt think about them at first much because they were so small and looked like little seeds so i would just dust them off and didnt pay much attention to them. Does anyone know more about these and how to get rid of them???????

5. Terence says:

I hate to break it to you but these are tapeworm eggs. The very first picture the large one with the cap on top and “polar plugs” the 2 small balls on each side of the top Go get an O and P test and get the 3 day one where samples over several days are collected

6. Terence says:

Correct

7. Linda McEleney says:

Every few months for a couple of years, I have woken up with typically 3 clustered round, raised bumps that become very itchy. They are or turn red and are the size of mosquito bites, but for several reasons, definitely are not. The itch is also very slightly sore and each bump has a pin-sized hole in the center. They eventually turn into tiny scabs. I had never seen an actual bug. Fearing bedbugs, I had a pest control company come out. They saw no signs of bedbugs , debri or staining. They put a couple of glue traps under my bed. Nothing has ever appeared in the traps in the past 8 months. After getting “bitten” again, I went to a Dermatologist and was told they were not bites but rather bumps from dry skin. I find that difficult to believe. Anyways, last night, in bed, I felt something on my arm. After seeing what it was, I realized I had seen dead ones in my bed before. I had brushed them off before as seeds, likely from dog cookies. They look like the photo above except they are very dark brown, almost black. It is very difficult to see, but they may indeed have horizontal lines on them. Of course, I have no idea if they are related to my “bites”. From what I understand, if I had bedbugs, I would have tons more bites than 3 every few months. I would also see either them or staining. What could these bugs be and do you think they are biting?

8. Aleta says:

Help. for the past 2 months I was dealing with a crawling feeling on the back of my neck. I had and a small sore in the back of scalp also that didn’t itch but was there. Ive been feeling bites on back of my neck and when I’d reach back I pull of these hard whitish sometimes brown things. I got a small hive on my neck and redness in front of my throat so I went to Urgent car. The PA wanted to give me predisone and said he thought I had eczema!. I told him I had bites with little holes in the center after I scratched the scab. He gave me permethrin and antihistamine and kept insisting no hive! I used it on my head and body 2 x as recommended and It seemed to work for awhile. I still had the rash and I took a picture of the rash for 5 days after. I started collecting these whitish hard things and putting them on scotch tape and bagged them. I also hot washed my clothes, and used dryer, bagged the clothes I wasn’t wearing, vacuumed rugs, couch and mattress etc.! I followed with my doctor and she said I used the meds and they couldn’t see any lice and said the white stuff was dandruff. Ive never had dandruff and what about the bites? When said she could not look at what I brought in because she didn’t have a microscope. She said she has seen so many cases of scabies this year and asked if I wanted to see an Infectious Disease doctor to find out what was going on. I told her I would wait and see how I do with the meds. I am at a loss why this continues. I also went to the drugstore and did my hair again! In addition, I’ve been using dandruff shampoo, vinegar, coconut oil, olive oil. witch hazel and finally Hydrogen Peroxide which helped the most. I bought barbicide for my brushes etc. The white flecks have diminishing since combing my hair with the lice comb over and over each time but I am still getting bites and collecting this crap on tape, Please help with any ideas or what is going on? I don’t want to infect anyone! Should I see the ID doctor or a dermatologist? Thank you.

• christi clifton says:

Have you found out anything???? I have same problems but not crawling…its more like slithering….i feel ” snakes”…. but i see seeds after cleaning….or little white”cotton” fibers. … Im not crazy but could go crazy soon due to this

• ross says:

sounds like headlice!

• Lynn Falduto says:

no – I have my hair colored and cut every 5 or 6 weeks. My stylist would’t touch me if that were so. An exterminator has since told me these are common, harmless, “carpet beetles. They look nothing like a “beetle” so I don’t know if I believe that either.

• Lynn Falduto says:

omg me too!!! I have had eczema in the past and assumed this was now on my scalp! I also have small circular dry patches on my stomach and the doctor gave me a fungus cream for that. Everything is a temporary fix. I have NEVER found any in the bed. I find them on top of the carpet alongside the top part of my bed…not near the bottom. There is also a window on that wall. I have noticed the back of my head, just above the nape, is always itchy and the flaking is so embarrassing!!!

9. Cbwoman says:

All of you people started to freak me out. Good news!!! I found some of these in my toddlers bed and I found out that they were coming out of his stuffed animal. It is one of those scented animals that I got from Bed Bath and Beyond. Please be sure to check on any stuffed items you have, especially if you don’t have any symptoms. I got luck, but good luck to all of you.