I am from Oklahoma and I have attached a picture of a bug that I found in my bathroom this morning. Not a nice thing to wake up to. I’m assuming it is a centipede. Are they poisonous? It’s body is black and legs an orange/yellow and its head is a dark orange. Its back pinchers are black with orange tips. It is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. I’m guessing it is about 4 inches long (I’m not going to get too close.) Please let me know about this thing.
Centipedes are poisonous, and they will bite. The bite is painful, but not dangerous. Some tropical species have more potent venom. We have read that the Oklahoma Centipedes grow to 8 inches. Your Centipede is in the Order Scolopendromorpha, but we do not know the species.